Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reflection Essay #4 Fiction Suit

Part One
I decided one day to call up Wonder Woman to ask her how she deals with life. I can't seem to grasp the real reason I am here doing what I am doing. I felt like nothing I was doing what right. My team doesn't understand the stress I am put through and my family expects me home all of the time. I am torn between what I know is right for everyone and what is right for me. I was just done with everything. So when Wonder Woman finally showed up, I asked her, "How do you do it? Really, how can you live day to day choosing between certain situations that may ruin one part of your life or someone elses? I know I can't do it anymore". She looked at me with hard stern eyes and said, "How do you do it?". I was so confused at that point. She was the superhero not me. So why is she asking me? She laughed, "I could never do anything that you deal with. I am only known as Wonder Woman. And yes, I am expeted everywhere are once when something is wrong, but I'm not allowed to have what you have. You have friends, family, and a future that you can make depending on what you want it to be. I can't have a family or really close friends because there lives would be at stake with what I do. You can. I will always be lonely at times, but you will never have to be. I can't go to school and give up being a superhero like that because I want to be a model. You have a choice. Don't choose the path that leads to loneliness. You may feel like giving up because times are tough, but when won't they be? I can't stop every criminal in the world. There are times we want to give up and that's all a part of being human. You are a superhero in your own way, you just may not see it yet." I looked at her and realized she was right. Life isn't going to be handed on a silver platter and perfect. We have to make it what we want it to be in order to be happy. "And we wouldn't really appreciate the good things if we didn't have the bad, right?"
"Exactly!"
"Thank you so much. I only have 21 years under my belt. You might be getting another call in another 10 years. HA!"
"I'm always here. And I have many years left to help."
I never thought a superhero would be jealous of a human's life before. Makes you think what all we are taking for granted.

Part 2
I told my friend the other day how much I appreciated always being there for me and that I was always there for her when she needed me. She said "Thanks!" and that she would always be there for me too. She honestly is a friend that I see myself keeping in touch with after college. We both have been through a lot of crap through college and to know that even if we may not be on best terms makes me feel that I know she is a true friend. I have many friends that I feel forget about me don't understand that I am hurt sometimes by a lack of thought. But this one person makes me believe that she won't forget about me and I won't ever forget about her. I have lost a lot of friends from high school so it's nice to know that this girl is really a true friend.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Really nice :) That is a unique way of thinking about our situation in relation to superheroes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was really cool! I like how you made it personal and relatable. It makes me think that we are all like Superman and Wonder Woman in our own ways. Not taking things for granted has been a huge concept for me here lately and your blog really gets me thinking! Great job!

    ReplyDelete