Sunday, February 26, 2012

Reflection Essay #5 The Law of Creativity

Trying to look back on my childhood of times when I was most creative is kind of hard for me. I think that the lost creative thing I can remember myself doing as a kid was when I was in girlscouts and I had to create a solar powered microwave/oven. I can't remember exactly how I made it but I remember standing outside wondering if it was going to work. My mom and I used a hotdog to put inside it to see if it was working. From what I remember, it worked and it was one of the memories that I am proud of myself and wish I did more like that.
Looking for a time when I used my creative side to solve a problem/make a decision is even harder to think of. The only thing that I can think of that is close to being creative is when I decided that I wanted to study psychology in college. I took a class in highschool my senior year and had high hopes to spark an interest. I learned that it was exactly what I wanted to study for the rest of my life. Dealing with psychology makes you think of different ways to say things and manipulate different situations. I can't think of a specific time I did this but I do know certain tricks like "reverse psychology" that would make me tap into my creative mind to work around a problem differently or make certain decisions.
Iron Man was just on a few minutes ago and Tony Stark is incredibly creative, not only as a superhero, but just as one of his personality traits. Himself as a man is just an arrogant, sarcastic scientist. As Iron Man he is always thinking of different ways to use his suit to defeat crime. Specifically before he even becomes the Iron Man we know him today, Tony has to make himself into a weapon that was devised in a cave to help him and a fellow prisoner escape. If he wasn't as creative as he was then he would have made the missle that he was instructed to do and probably died and never made it out. The more that he becomes Iron Man, the more ideas that he figures out to try and make his suit better or even how to do the most destruction with the least effort. Like the scene when he travels to the place that he was held captive and blows up a tank with a smaller missle than the one that was just shot at him. I would definitely have to say that Iron Man might be one of the most creative superheroes there is.

4 comments:

  1. Although this is a scene from Iron Man 2, I like the scene when he flies through the globe in order to make the bots flowing him crash. This scene shows Iron Man thinking quick on his feet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are especially creative because you are a musician. I don't ever hear you play on your own but I know we as musicians have to constantly be creative when playing a piece. We have to think about what style its in, how to interpret different markings, and then how do we express all that to our audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you in that Tony Stark is incredibly creative. Everything that he does, and who he becomes, exemplifies creativity at its finest. The fact that he built a fully (but not perfectly) functional robotic suite in a cave in the middle of no-where pretty much explains it by itself. Not only that, but with everything he does as Iron Man can be thought of as creative. Each obstacle he faces he must come up with a new method of overcoming that obstacle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going off what Clarissa said, being creative as musicians, sometimes the composer does not give you any dynamic markings. Then you're forced to come up with your own and figure out how the best way to make the phrase is.

    ReplyDelete