Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Reflective Essay #8 Is This Real Life?


If I were to dress up as a superhero, hypothetically speaking in the real world, I would definitely not have a cape. After watching the Incredibles, capes don’t look like a superhero’s best friend. I would also probably wear a mask. I like the idea of mysteriousness behind a superhero and would like to know that people are trying to figure out who I am. I would probably make my costume out of material made with dance costumes, like spandex but not as tight. I am kind of a self-conscious person so I wouldn’t want to show parts of me that I don’t like showing. I would probably wear pants or leggings, definitely not a skirt or short shorts. My top would probably be just a t-shirt or a baby-doll style shirt. I don’t need to show all of my stomach or cleavage. I would be a more conservative superhero when it comes to my costume. I would definitely want so gadgets or small tools to use when going around fighting crime. I like the idea of hand to hand combat and fighting, I think weapons are cheating. But a few helpers to climb buildings or help me get away would be nice. The biggest problem that is happening in my town is gangs and bullying within schools. My brother is a victim of bullying so I do not tolerate any type of bullying whatsoever. Gangs are also a huge problem because a member lives down the street from me and sometimes I don’t feel safe in my own home because of him. So those two problems would be my main focus. I was most inspired by Master Legend. I think that since he is able to run very successful charity drives is a very important way of helping out with a big problem. There are always going to be homeless people everywhere, and the more that everyone can help, the bigger difference we all can make.

1 comment:

  1. I too was inspired by Master Legend because of the deeds he took part in. I love helping people out, I just usually don't have the money or resources to do so in a way I would like to. I also hate bullying. I am going to school to be a teacher and bullying is probably the number one thing that I despise the most in the classrooms. When I was a senior in high school I made sure bullying did not take place because I cared about everyone in the school so much I believed no one was better then anyone else.

    ReplyDelete